Today in our class we monitored some children’s heart rates before exercise and then we monitored it after exercise. We found out that your heart rate increases after you complete exercise. These are the results Name Before exercise After exercise … Continue reading
Check out this video of the fourth class erupting volcano.
This gallery contains 9 photos.
Today the pupils showcased their science and mathematical skills in the school. Others was a fantastic attendance at the exhibition with aunts, uncles, mums, dads, grannies and grand dads. Fourth class pupils interviewed attendees and also took photographs. The event … Continue reading
Science week is upon us and on Wednesday the 12th of November we will hold our annual Science Week Exhibition. Parents and family are invited to see all of the fantastic science and mathematics work that the pupils have been working on since September. This year the fourth, fifth and sixth classes are also entering the Intel Miniscientist for the first time. A judge will be attending on the day and will assess which class will go forward to the regional finals. Having seen some of the investigations prior to this I think that this is going to be the best Science Exhibition that we have held so far!
Today in St. Clare’s PS we had our Science week exhibition. The theme this year was Every Day Science. You can find loads of resources on the Science Week 2012 website. The exhibition was a great success and we would like to thank all of the parents and friends that visited the school throughout the exhibition. Here is a list of the stands that were on display at the exhibition.
- Junior infants did materials and built houses from the Three Little Pigs story.
- Senior infants took every ones finger prints.
- First class pupils did the water cycle and also water safety.
- Second class
- Third class did magnets and completed some magic using magnets.
- Fourth class showed us model lungs and also how food colourant travelled up the stems of flowers.
- Fifth class did some interesting investigations into what food items contain starch.
- Sixth class displayed their wormery.