Power Gold Smoothie Recipe
This Power Gold smoothie recipe will provide us with Vitamin A, lots of antioxidant power with Vitamin C, B6, Magnesium and fiber! The key to making this smoothie delicious is to first soften the carrots a little. Steam them just until soft – this helps make them really smooth. You can add them raw if you have a high powered blender and puree them thoroughly until smooth. Use some of the pineapple juice to help make it smooth.
- 1 cup of carrots
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup 100% pure orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 cup plain Greek or vanilla yogurt
- ice cubes
- Steam carrots if not using a high powered blender.
- Blend carrots with pineapple juice until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to your blender and blend until frothy and smooth.
- Serve cold!
Strawberry Kiwi Smoothie Recipe:
This strawberry kiwi smoothie recipe is delicious because it’s naturally sweet, easy to tweak to accommodate dietary needs and it takes 5 minutes to create! Kiwi fruit has a lot in common with the strawberry. These two fruits are very high in vitamin C and dietary fiber.
- 3 – kiwi
- 1 medium – banana
- 1/3cup – Greek yogurt, vanilla
- 1 cup – spinach
- 1 cup – milk (try almond or coconut milk from a carton)
- 1 cup – strawberries, frozen, unsweetened
- 1 medium – banana
- 1 1/2 cup – milk (try almond or coconut milk from a carton)
- To make the kiwi layer place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Add a little more milk if your blender is having a hard time processing it. Pour this layer into 2 to 4 cups (depending on how big of servings you’d like).
- To make the strawberry layer place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Add a little more milk if your blender is having a hard time processing it. Pour this layer on top of the kiwi layer. Serve right away.
If you are using glass cups you can cut additional fresh fruit and stick it the edge of your cup before adding the blended smoothie.
Peach Smoothie Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cup – (try almond or coconut milk from a carton)
- 3 large peaches
- 2/3 cup – oats
- 1 cup – greek yogurt
- plain 2 tbsp – honey
- 1/2 tsp – vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp – nutmeg
- Start with frozen peaches if you want it like ice cream!
- Blend together frozen peaches, almond milk, oats, yogurt, honey, vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Blend till smooth. Yield: 4 servings