This luscious Christmas fudge is satisfying and highly beneficial for our bodies. The secret ingredient is tahini paste which is made from ground sesame seeds. It is extremely versatile and is packed with essential vitamins and minerals. It is one of the best sources of calcium and it is higher in protein than most nuts. It is easy for our body to digest and it helps to promote healthy cell growth. You may watch a video here of how this simple fudge is prepared in 5 minutes!
Ingredients for making Pomegranate Fudge:
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
½ cup of maple syrup (or agave/brown rice syrup)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt flakes
A 340gr jar of light tahini sesame paste
4 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds (try raspberries or chopped strawberries if you have no pomegranate)
- Gently heat the coconut oil and let it melt.
- Add your maple syrup.
- Use a fork to beat through the tahini and pomegranate.
- Scrape the mixture into a rectangular container lined with cling film.
- Decorate with some pomegranate seeds on top and drizzle the honey over the top to look like caramel coloured swirls.
- Freeze for 4 hours.
- Just like ice-cream it must be stored in the freezer or it will melt.
- Slice into big wedges and enjoy.