The special ingredient in these breakfast muffins is coconut flour. It is a gluten free, grain free flour. It is high in fiber and is a good source of protein. It is low in carbohydrates and is very filling. The high egg content and no refined sugar in this recipe makes them a nutritious option for breakfast.
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk (from a carton/can)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup raspberries (frozen are fine)
- Lightly grease your muffin tin with coconut oil/butter ( no need for cup cases)
- In medium sized bowl, blend together the dry ingredients
- In another bowl (using a hand mixer), beat the egg yolks till pale and thick (2-3 minutes). Add the honey, oil, milk and lemon juice
- Add the 2 bowls (all the ingredients) together and beat on low till completely combined.
- Fill 6 /7 spaces in a muffin tin. Do not overfill or you will have a batter volcano in your oven
- Break the raspberries up a bit with your fingers, gently pressing them into the batter of each muffin
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes OR until the cake springs back a little when touched
- Remove from the oven when ready and cool for about 5 minutes. Best served while still warm with some full-fat coconut milk.