Fourth class have been having great fun writing some imaginative Limericks in class. Here are some we wrote earlier!.
Fourth class have been invited to take part in a Children’s Art Competition as a part of the Festival of Russian Culture (11th – 18th February 2018). The competition is based on The Goldfish, a story by the famous Russian writer Alexander Pushkin.
The story helped to inspire the students in fourth class to design and create their artwork.
You can read the story here – THE GOLDFISH for Children competition
We have been learning all about the heart in fourth class. Here are some interesting facts about the heart.
Did you know?
- The heart pumps blood to all parts of the body.
- The blood brings oxygen to the muscles.
- Heart rate increases with exercise so that more of the oxygen carried in the blood can reach the muscles.
- The fitter you are, the quicker your heart rate returns to normal.
- An adult’s heart rate is around 70 beats per minute, and a child’s is a bit higher.
- A mouse’s is about 500 beats per minute, and an elephant’s is about 25 beats per minute!
- Our hearts are pumping at a regular rate. This pumping can be felt by placing fingers across the pulse point at the wrist or the neck, and the rate can be counted.
- Your heart is about the same size as your fist, and weighs about the same amount as a lemon.
- Your heart is located in your chest, near your lungs, and to the left of the hard bone in the middle of your chest (the breastbone).
- Your heart is an organ made of muscle.
- The heart is an important organ in the body. It helps deliver oxygen and nutrients that are in the blood to all the other organs in the body.
We had great fun in fourth class today investigating friction. We tested a variety of different surfaces to see which had the most friction. We rolled a toy car down a slope and and then measured the distance it travelled … Continue reading
There were some great creations in room 12 today. Well done everyone!
2nd to 6th class had a great morning on their walking trip. Helena from Beat the Street joined us on our walk to help us find the Beat Boxes.
To find out the locations of the Beat Boxes near you and keep up to date with the leaderboard visit https://www.beatthestreet.me/dublin
Don’t forget your consent form, boot bag and fob tomorrow for our walking trip to find the @BTSDublin Beat Boxes. This trip is for children in 2nd – 6th.