Equipment- 3 balloons, 3 straws, plastic bottle, scissors, glue and sellotape. (Rubber Glove)
- Cut plastic bottle in half using scissors.
- Cut straws and glue together.
- Secure balloon to end of each straw with tape.
- Make hole in lid and put straw through and secure.
- Cut other balloon in half and tape to the bottom of bottle.
Result- When we pulled the balloon at the bottom of the bottle it did not work. We replaced it with a rubber glove. When we pulled the glove down the balloons expanded.
Conclusion- When we breathe (inhale) the diaphragm pulls down making the chest expand. This causes air to be sucked into the lungs. When the diaphragm relaxes the air is pushed out of the lungs (exhale).